June 28, 2013

Ngaire's Gate Book in Review

Hi and Welcome Back Twiddley Fans!

All this week Ngaire Gilligan has been sharing her creative process for altering our BK016 Gate Book.
In this post Ngaire shows us the GATE BOOK as it is - finished. 
So here are the front covers – it’s hard to get them to stay closed without the chain closure done up …

But you can see here that the chain does it nicely – keeps all the gorgeousness under control.

I’ve used the Itty Bitty Alphabet (ALPHA005B) for my title. I popped it onto the inner gate cover panel so that it shows through the opening in the ‘gate’.

A close up shot of the left cover …

and now the right.

Here’s the inside left cover. The embellishment cluster was designed around the stunning Twiddleybitz  Flying Butterfly Clock – Steam (SPK002) piece.

The right inner cover is a little less ‘fussy’, but still very pretty.

The centre page has these lovely corner chipboard swirls, which are from the Swirls Pack 8 pieces (SPK002) – this is a ‘show special’ pack from Twiddleybitz.

The next page features part of a Roman Clock Face Small (CF002), as well as a leaf stem from the Fine Fern Leaves Assorted (FER002) pack.

 One of my favourite pieces of chippy is on the next page. Got to love an Eiffel Tower(EIF001) for the ultimate girly glamour symbol – especially when it sparkles like this one.

The next page features the sweet Butterfly Ornate Corner (COR007) – I have altered this - in that all but one of the small butterflies was cut off the end of the corner

The rest of the small butterflies were used on the next page, along with a butterfly from the Butterfly Mix Bag of 3 (BUT001).

There wasn’t much room for anything other than the photo on this page – so no chippy – just a few bits of die cut.
The matching page though, got another of those pretty Fine Fern Leaves Assorted(FER002) stems – this time with a different medium to embellish it.

The final page is one of my favourites – I love the rich colours of the patterned paper and all the layers in the butterflies/leaves/flowers.
And finally, the back cover – with a clear view of the gorgeous ribbons I added to the album rings.

I’ve had so much fun with this mini album. As most of you who regularly visit my blog know, I usually make my own from scratch – so it was nice to have one all ready made for me – particularly since it had a defined number of pages and wasn’t the ever endless versions I seem to make. This one was even more interesting in the way it all went together – a bit tricky though with the differing opening pattern for the pages – because I had to think about how each page would look against the one behind it when opened up.






No comments:

Post a Comment